5/09 Final Application

For my updated application, I made the type even bigger. I focused on small design functions that needed tweaking, like arrow size and header size. For Street Eats, I really wanted to accomplish an easy navigation. I think I learned a lot about type sizes on the app screens, I think so of my screens can still be a little bigger too. Overall, I think the decisions I made throughout really enhanced the user’s experience. I made the home screen basic functions rather than buttons.



The application itself, is made up of around 7 screens with different options for drop down and expenditure. This application’s interactivity is between the navigation and the user. I tried to make the navigation very easy to use and easily readable. The poster itself is aimed at the type of crowd that enjoys exploring the city.


The user flow looks confusing but it is really VERY easy. Everything leads back to Write a Review and builds up to writing a review.


The flow of the app allows the user to browse the site but still maintain the ability to write a review. Depending on where you are, you can browse trucks or other people’s profile.


04.27 Application Comps

For this round of renditions of my application, I needed to narrow down a lot of the navigation as well as make things larger. For my navigation, I completely got rid of my old navigation. I’ve integrated the nearby page into the search function of the front page

I’ve also had to narrow down my topic entirely and make reviews the prominent goal of my application. The main focus is the ability to review and read reviews easily. Access to reviews should only be a finger touch away.

I’ve also worked on my flowchart a few times. I want the accessibility to be the most enthralling part of my app.


04/21 Updated Mock-Ups

Here are some updated sketches of working through the application. Throughout the sketches, I’m trying to really incorporate ideas from Yelp and Zomato without having the same product. I’ve also decided on the name appetite, a Mobile Truck review app.

Some of my pages so far. I’m working out the navigation of the Home screen currently and rearranging my grid. I still have to distinguish the menu items (hamburger) and settings icon. Updated workflows/sketches:

04/14 Application Mock-Ups

For my initial mock-up, I started with the search page, one of the harder pages.


I tried to match the poster with the colors. In critique, I was told it isn’t as clear what each map is for (in the orange version) and to scrap the maps. The purple came off clearer, however, the colors are not great. This was a general mock-up on what my search page should contain. I’m still organizing everything to be more easily readable.

These are some screenshots of Yelp and Zomato that have been helping me in making better judgement calls.

I agree with the critique. I’d like to head more toward the orange direction with readability and easy navigation of the purple. Here is my makeshift flowchart for now:


04/07 Application Beginning Process

For my application, I browsed through several data sets from NYC open data. From those sets, I narrowed it down to two options: NYC Zoos & NYC Food Trucks.

After planning out Zoos, I quickly scrapped the idea because of how little the data set was. However, it helped me in starting the process behind an application for food trucks.

For my food truck application,  I started off with a basic idea of finding the nearest food truck near me (DATA SET) This application will be for yuppies or the younger generation of kids who are used to food trucks and contributing to the Food Truck boom that is currently happening. There is something exciting about tracking and finding a GOOD food truck near you.

I started my poster design, however will be changing it as my application delves into deeper details. I also haven’t finalized the name of the application, Food Truck Finder, I am still trying to think up something more creative and intuitive.


Get Local: Final Versions

For the mobile mockups, it was a little difficult adjusting. I had to readjust information on the web mockups in order for the mobile versions to make sense. Looking at it now, I do think I made a slight error on the services page. However, all of the information for each page, whatever needed to go first went on the left side.

I also readjusted the colors so the site did not look old and rustic. This looks more clean-cut and ready to load each site. I cut off the patterns from a lot of the sites; enabling the content to load faster and also look less busy.

I brought out the navigation bar by adding a deeper accent behind it. It needed to stand out more however, the pattern wasn’t doing it. I think now, changing the color even further would help with that but I think the purple helps also.

Overall, I think putting the information and clear readable forms was my main objective for this project. And also how it translates over to the web versions.


Mobile Wireframes:


Web Wireframes:


Mobile Mockups:



Web Mockups:






Get Local: Second Round Mockups

These are the two layouts I went back and forth between. While I really enjoyed the colors on the right hand side, I didn’t think it embodied the company. It looks more etsy-established rather than long-running, local NYC manufacturer.

For this round of mockups, I really, really wanted the site to have character. I think I may have overdone the character, but it’s getting there. These comps have hard focus on continuity with the grid. Each layout follows the grid accordingly and only has the UTMOST important information on it, no fluff pieces.

The color scheme, green, purples and muted tones, really reflects the locality of the company. I think these two colors work well along the muted tones in bringing out the subject of my website.

I also started on my wireframes. Here is just the homepage for now: