For my translator, I wanted something simple yet funny. To understand the booleans, I first set them all to false. Figuring out which one to switch on afterward was the next step. Using if statements and coordinates of my ‘CAT’, ‘DOG’, & ‘BIRD’ buttons, I set them so that if the mouse is clicked anywhere in that box area, the screen will switch to a new screen.
This part of the translator became difficult. When the user clicked in the designated sections, the sections would come up without having any way to go back to ‘home’ except by clicking the designated areas once more. To make things easier, I added a back button so the user knows exactly where to click.
I edited the translator I turned in, to this newer version. Much easier navigation.